Tuesday, May 26, 2009

Look Mom, no training wheels!!!



We had a great weekend.  We spent two days in Red Wing visiting the Sonjus, then headed to Rochester to see Anna and Eric.  We also stopped in Mpls and visited Marie and Ben for lunch.  We hit most of the aunts and uncles.  On Monday, Maggie decided to get rid of her training wheels, much to her mother's anguish.  There is something about the last child to go through their rites of passage.   When Emma completed her milestones, I was sad, but knew I still had two more children to experience this joy.  With, Maggie, everyone of her milestones reminds me of how I will never experience that again.  EVER.   It puts a weight on my heart and I almost tear up.  Seeing Maggie zip through the neighborhood made me realize how fast my life is spinning.  I guess I wasn't ready to take her training wheels off as I knew my baby is becoming a young lady.   And that makes my heart ache.  

No comments: